Casa Familiar de Mariana Pineda, S.L.U. (hereinafter Hotel Museo Palacio de Mariana Pineda), complies with the provisions of the obligations set forth in the second paragraph of Article 22 of Law 34/2002, of 11 July, on Information Society Services and Electronic Commerce (hereinafter, LSSI), in relation to Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council, of 27 April 2016, General Data Protection Regulation (hereinafter, GDPR) and Organic Law 3/2018, of 5 December, on Data Protection and Guarantee of Digital Rights (hereinafter, LOPDGDD).
The purpose of this Cookies Policy is to provide you with clear and precise information about the cookies that exist on the website.
1. WHAT ARE COOKIES? DEFINITION AND GENERAL FUNCTION OF COOKIES
Cookies are files that are stored on the user’s computer when browsing the internet and that contain a number that allows the user’s computer to be uniquely identified, even if the user’s location or IP address changes.
Cookies are installed while browsing the internet, either by the websites you visit or by third parties related to the website, and enable, among other things, the storage and retrieval of information about your browsing habits or your computer and, depending on the information they contain and the way you use your computer, they can be used to identify you.
1.1.Types of cookies
1.1.2. Cookies according to the entity that manages them.
Depending on the entity that manages the device or domain from which the cookies are sent and processes the data obtained, there are two types of cookies:
- First-party cookies: these are sent to the user’s terminal equipment from a device or domain managed by the website owner and from which the service requested by the user is provided.
- Third-party cookies: these are sent to the user’s terminal equipment from a device or domain that is not managed by the website owner, but by another entity that processes the data obtained through the cookies.
In the event that the cookies are installed from a device or domain managed by the website owner, but the information collected through them is managed by a third party, these cannot be considered first-party cookies.
1.1.3. Cookies according to the length of time they remain activated.
There is also a second classification according to the length of time that they remain activated in the terminal equipment:
- Session cookies: these are designed to collect and store data while the user accesses a web page. They are usually used to store information that is only relevant for the provision of the service requested by the user on a single occasion (e.g. a list of products purchased) and disappear at the end of the session.
- Persistent cookies: these are cookies that remain stored in the terminal and can be accessed and processed for a period defined by the party responsible for the cookie, which can range from a few minutes to several years.
1.1.4. Cookies according to their purpose.
Finally, there are other types of cookies, provided for guidance, as they are the most common in terms of the purpose for which the data obtained are processed:
- Technical cookies: these allow the user to browse a website, platform or application and to use the different options or services that exist on it, including those that the website owner uses to enable the management and operation of the website and to enable its functions and services, such as, for example, to control traffic and data communication, identify the session, provide access to restricted areas, remember the elements that make up an order, carry out the purchase process of an order, manage payments, control fraud linked to the security of the service, make the application for registration or participation in an event, count visits for the purposes of billing corresponding software licenses (website, platform or application), use security features while browsing, store content for the broadcast of videos or sound, enable dynamic content (for example, text or image loading animation) or share content through social networks.
- Preference or personalisation cookies: these allow information to be remembered so that the user accesses the service with certain characteristics that can differentiate their experience from that of other users, such as, for example, language, number of results to be shown when the user performs a search, appearance or content of the service depending on the type of browser the user uses to access the service or the region from which they access the service, etc.
- Analysis or measurement cookies: these allow the party responsible for the cookie to monitor and analyse the behaviour of the users of the websites to which they are linked, including the quantification of the impact of advertisements. The information collected through this type of cookie is used to measure the activity of the websites, application or platform and to elaborate browsing profiles for the users of these sites, applications and platforms, in order to introduce improvements based on the analysis of the usage data from the users of the service.
- Advertising cookies: these enable advertising spaces to be managed as efficiently as possible.
- Targeted advertising cookies: these store information on user behaviour obtained through continuous observation of their browsing habits, which allows a specific profile to be developed in order to display targeted advertising.
2. WHAT TYPE OF COOKIES DO WE USE AND FOR WHAT PURPOSE?
When you browse this website you may encounter cookies placed directly by Hotel Museo Palacio de Mariana Pineda, or cookies placed by external entities, as detailed below:
- Essential technical cookies
These are necessary to manage website browsing or to keep the user connected. They cannot be deactivated as it would affect the functioning of the website.
- Personalisation cookies
These are necessary to remember certain user preferences.
- Analytical cookies
These help us and third parties to collect information on the use of the website for the purpose of statistical analysis in order to improve the structure and content.
- Targeted advertising cookies
These help to collect information on the user’s browsing habits in order to create a profile of their interests and to show them advertisements tailored to those interests.
3. INFORMATION ON HOW TO ACCEPT, REFUSE, REVOKE CONSENT OR DELETE COOKIES
You have the option to allow or block cookies, as well as to delete your browsing data (including cookies) from the browser you are using. Please refer to the options and instructions provided by your browser for this. Please note that if you accept third-party cookies, you will need to delete them from your browser options. The procedure for disabling cookies is different for every browser, but it can usually be done from the Tools or Options menu. You can also consult the browser’s Help menu where you will find further instructions.
You can select the cookies you want to operate on this website at any time.
The following links provide information on how to configure or disable cookies in each browser:
There is a Google Analytics cookie opt-out add-on for the most common browsers (Microsoft Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari and Opera) that makes it easier to exclude the installation of these cookies.
You can find more information at: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en
In addition, you can also manage the storage of cookies in your browser using tools such as:
- Ghostery: www.ghostery.com/
- Your online choices: www.youronlinechoices.com/uk/
3.1. Information on transfer of data to third countries.
4. WHAT HAPPENS IF YOU REJECT THE INSTALLATION OF COOKIES?
In this case, you may continue to browse, although the use of some of the services may be limited or inaccessible and therefore your experience on our website will be less satisfactory. You may reject cookies at any time.
Given this information, the following actions are possible:
COOKIES POLICY: link to this cookies policy where we provide you with all the necessary information, as well as how to modify the configuration of the cookies in your browser or reject those you don’t want. In this case, only those that are essential for browsing and cannot be disabled will be downloaded.
ACCEPT COOKIES: all the cookies mentioned above will be accepted. The notice will not be displayed again during the browsing session.
CONFIGURE COOKIES: you can decide which type of cookies you consent to be installed and which you do not.
If you wish to revoke your consent or have any questions about the website’s Cookies Policy, you may contact the Provider by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com with “Cookies Policy” in the subject line.